This is the local office to the Coro Center For Civic Leadership. Founded in 1947, Coro's mission is to train young veterans in the leadership skills necessary to assure that our democratic system of government could more effectively meet the needs of its citizens.
Coro's offices are located in the River Walk Corporate Centre. Formerly known as the Terminal Buildings, the River Walk is a former warehouse terminal converted into offices.
Dating back to the 1890s and modeled after the Cupples Station in St. Louis, the building boasted of its accessibility by river, rail and road. Literature dated December 31, 1916 refers to steel frame construction, vitrified brick and tile fireproofing, 7,730 sprinkler heads, 41 freight elevators, the ability to generate steam and electric, and various other features that were advance for the time.
The Terminal Buildings later underwent a $20 million revonvation to become the River Walk.
The facility is located just three blocks from the Station Square complex on the city's South Shore.
Weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The River Walk has two parking lots.