This Dutilh United Methodist Church is a historic, family church in rural Butler County.
The church began in in 1844 with four families holding services in a barn. The congregation built their first church building, a 16-foot-wide structure, in 1853 and "modernized" in 1858. A new building, located on land donated by Charles Dutilh of Philadelphia, was dedicated on November 30th, 1879. It was remodeled in 1908 with a basement being added in 1926.
On February 10, 1986 an arsonist, never found, set fire in the sanctuary. This forced the church to build its current building, which opened in 1988.
The church offices are open weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Free, on-site parking is available.