The University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) is an integrated global nonprofit health enterprise that is closely affiliated with its academic partner, the University Of Pittsburgh.
Founded in 1889, the hospital now called UPMC South Side served the citizens of the South Side as an "industrial hospital" during the heyday of the iron, steel, glass, and transportation industries in south Pittsburgh. The hospital merged with the UPMC on May 1, 1996. Hospital staff continue the tradition of caring while bringing state-of-the-art medical and health care techniques, knowledge, services, and equipment to the residents of south Pittsburgh.
It is recognized regionally for orthopaedics and sports medicine, and is home to the Institute For Rehabilitation & Research.
The hospital is open 24-hours a day.
On-site parking is available in a hospital lot on Jane Street.