Dormont (which means "a mountain of gold") is a small suburb just south of Pittsburgh. The territory which became Dormont was held by the Delaware and Shawnee tribes until 1768 when the territory was part of the transaction in which Fort Stanwix was purchased from the Six Nations. An order of incorporation was signed on March 31, 1909, making Dormont the first independent municipality in the South Hills of Allegheny County.
The business district strongly resembles that of a small town, with businesses of various kinds situated on or near Potomac Avenue.
Varies per business.
Metered, on-street parking is available.