Founded in 1930, the Wallace name honors James M. Wallace, D.D. He served as the pastor of the Eighth Presbyterian Church Of Pittsburgh for thirty-three years from 1883-1916. The Eighth Presbyterian Church was located at the corner of Locust and Van Bram Streets in what is now considered the city of Pittsburgh's uptown section; it was dissolved in 1926.
In 1930, construction started with the chapel. In 1944, the congregation was able to provide a beautiful home for future pastors and their families. Concern for the pastor and his family's needs preceded the building of the beautiful, Georgian, colonial sanctuary which was dedicated on May 10, 1953. As the congregation grew, the Christian Education Building and the transept were dedicated on March 10, 1963. Finally, the elevator and accessibility project was completed in 1997.
Varies; call for information.
Free, on-site parking is available.