Christ Rupp Lutheran Church is the oldest church in rural Armstrong County.
In 1786, Frantz Rupp and his brother-in-law Christopher Uhrig, took up a large tract of land in Kittanning Township for the purpose of building a church. It was in this field that the Rupp settlement gathered for worship. On a portion of this land, in 1786, a cemetery was laid out. It was in this cemetery portion that a log cabin building known as the "German Meeting House" was built in 1796. This was undoubtedly the first Lutheran Church built within the confines of Armstrong County.
In 1852, a new frame structure was dedicated to replace the original log cabin structure. Two weeks after its dedication, the new church caught fire and burned to the ground. The people rallied together and the cornerstone for a new and better structure was laid July 7, 1854.
The present red brick structure was dedicated May 30, 1897 and used for various church and community activities.
Vraies; call for information.
THe church has its own parking lot.