The Carpatho-Rusyn Cultural & Educational Center is located in the historic former Cathedral Of St. John The Baptist and is home to the Carpatho-Rusyn Society.
The Carpatho-Rusyn Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to manifesting Carpatho-Rusyn culture in the United States and supporting Rusyn culture in their homeland in east central Europe. It works to educate Rusyns and non-Rusyns about Rusyn culture and history, and to support the development of Rusyn culture on both sides of the Atlantic.
The Carpatho-Rusyns are the direct descendants of one of the Slavic tribes that has lived along the Uz River in Eastern Europe called the White Croats (aka "Bilyj Horvaty").
Built in 1903, the Cathedral Of St. John The Baptist was the first cathedral in America exclusively for Carpatho-Rusyns. Designed by the famous Hungarian architect, Titus de Bobula, it is patterned after the Rusyn Greek Catholic Cathedral Of The Exaltation Of The Holy Cross in Uzhorod, Subcarpathian Rus.
Varies per event; call for details.
On-street parking is available.