More than a century old, Immaculate Heart Of Mary Church has stood as an integral part of the city's Polish Hill neighborhood.
The church is a magnificent structure modeled after St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. It was built of brick and limestone from the state of Indiana in the style of Roman Renaissance architecture and much of it was built gratis by the parishioners.
Immaculate Heart has eight beautiful altars along with an elaborate pulpit, four confessionals and a baptistery with a total seating capacity for 1800.
Hours vary but are generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays by staff in the rectory.
On-street parking is avalable. There is also a churh parking lot located on Brereton and Paulowna Streets open for special occasions.