Church Of The Redeemer is an inclusive Episcopal community centered in the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. Following Christís example they seek to embrace diversity in love, supporting every personís spiritual growth and ministry.
The church's roots go back to September 1900, when Mrs. Charles P. Smith began a Sunday school for her three children at her home on Wightman Street. By 1903, with the encouragement of the diocese, this nucleus of enthusiastic families had organized a parish, set up a building fund, and erected a temporary chapel. Within a decade the young congregation had organized its church schools, choir, altar guild, and outreach activities, secured its present site on Forbes Avenue and constructed its church.
Today the building features classrooms, a multi-purpose space and a library among other facilities.
The church's office is open weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The church has its own parking lot.