University Of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 [ map ] [ website ]
Begun in 1787 in a log cabin as the Pittsburgh Academy, the University Of Pittsburgh now covers over 130 acres. A focal point is the historic Cathedral Of Learning. At 42 stories, it is the tallest academic building on Earth. It is referred to locally as simply “Pitt”.
The campus has various facilities with events open to the public, such as sports games, art exhibits, concerts, lectures and plays.
Hours of operation
Varies. Call for information.
The university has various parking lots.
Bus routes that serve this area
- 100 - West Busway All Stops
- 44U - Oakland - Mount Lebanon
- 500 - Highland Park - Bellevue
- 501 - Manchester - Wiikinsburg
- 54C - North Side - Oakland - South Side
- 56U - Oakland - Greenfield
- 61A - East Pittsburgh - Wilkinsburg
- 61B - Braddock - Swissvale
- 61C - McKeesport - Homestead
- 67A - Monroeville
- 67C - Laketon Road
- 67E - Greensburg Pike
- 67F - Trafford
- 67J - Lincoln Highway
- 71A - Negley
- 71C - Wilkinsburg - East Liberty
- 71D - Hamilton
- 74B - Highland Park - RIDC
- 77U - Oakland - Penn Hills
- 84A - Herron Hill - Oakland
- 94B - Morningside