In 1781, Washington County became the first county in the United States of America to be named in honor of General George Washington. The current population is 208,000 with a land area of 863.6 square miles. The county seat is the city of Washington, a third-class city located at the intersection of Interstates 70 & 79 and located about 28 miles south of Pittsburgh.
The present-day Washington County Courthouse, completed in 1900 by the F.J. Osterling Company of Pittsburgh, is a registered national landmark. It houses most of the county's offices and includes space for various community meetings and related activities.
Weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Meterd, on-street parking is available.