Schenley Park

101 Panther Hollow Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 [ map ] [ website ]
Phone: 412-255-2539

Description

Schenley Park is a large municipal park made up of 300 acres donated by local philanthropist Mary Schenley (1826-1903) in 1889 and another 120 acres that the city subsequently purchased from her.

The park features formal, open spaces along with a stream, skating rink, pond, playgrounds, footpaths, picnic areas, sports fields and a golf course.

Special events, such as a popular summer film series, are staged on Flagstaff Hill.

Hours of operation

Daily, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Parking

The park has its own parking lot.

In partnership with Pittsburgh A&E Group