The Church Of The Ascension, founded in 1889, is a parish of the Episcopal Diocese Of Pittsburgh, and thus a part of the Anglican Communion, a worldwide fellowship of churches which trace their present forms of church life to the Reformation in England.
They are an Evangelical Parish, one which stresses the preaching and teaching of scripture, the necessity of repentance and faith, and the continuing presence of the Holy Spirit. The church is affiliated with the American Anglican Council.
The church building is an impressive Gothic structure that includes a fellowship hall for church and community events.
The office is open weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
There is parking in the church lot. Parking is also available just across the street on Neville in the parking lot of Oakland Catholic School.