Borough of Osborne
In May 1805, James Park paid $507.50 to buy 205 acres that would become a substantial part of the borough. The land had been part of the Aleppo tract.
Park became the first permanent settler in the area when he built a tavern on the corner of what is now Beaver and Glen Mitchell roads. The land was part of Ohio Township and became heavily settled by 1851. That year, the Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne and Chicago Railroad made its first run from Pittsburgh to Economy.
George Cass, a general who later became president of the railroad, lived in Osborne and was instrumental in naming the railroad station in that area Glen Osborne after the surrounding village of Osborn.
In 1882, 10 freeholders, 12 non-resident freeholders and 13 residents who were not freeholders petitioned to incorporate the borough. The petition was approved the following year.
1 -- Source: 2000 U.S. Census