This is the initial view that appears when the application
During this phase, the application checks for network availability
and begins loading key section information from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
Article List View - Local News
This is the initial article list view.
It appears immediately after the splash screen.
In version 1.0, "Local News" is the default section
that always appears first. Note that all sections shown
in the "Sections List View" below will use this same basic
article list view.
- "Articles" - Pressing this button will navigate the application
to the "Sections List View" described below.
- "Videos" - Pressing this button will navigate the application
to the "Video List View" described below.
When an article is "touched" on the article list view,
this view will appear with the text content and,
where applicable, an accompanying photo.
This sample view is shown with the menu
options available when the Android menu button is pressed.
- "Local News" - Touch this menu item to navigate to the "Article List"
for "Local News" as shown above.
- "Sections" - Touch this menu item to navigate to the "Sections List"
described in the "Sections List View" below.
- "Shop" - Touch this menu item to navigate to an on-line shopping tool.
- "Saved" - Touch this menu item to navigate to an article list view of
stories that you have saved for future reference.
- "Email Article" - Touch this menu item to email the article in view
to someone in the contacts list on your device.
- "Save Article" - Touch this menu item to save the article in view to
the database on your device. When viewing an article from the article
view of saved articles, this menu item will be replaced by a "Delete Saved"
menu entry which will enable deleting of saved articles no longer of interest.
Note that many of these menu entries will appear on all views in this application
Sections List View
The section list view is presented when the "Articles"
button at the top of any "Article List" view, is "touched"
This view will also appear when the "Sections" menu entry,
as shown on the "Article View" sample above, is "touched".
Video List View
The video list view is presented when the "Videos"
button at the top of any "Article List" view, is "touched".
It contains a list of the latest news videos produced by
the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.